Thank you for your interest in attending New Start High School. The application process is now online! Enrollment is now open to students for the first quarter of the school year.
New Start High School Application (in English and Espanol). Make sure all pages are completed and signed.
Once we receive your application we will:
- Review your application by September 11, 2020 or sooner.
- This is the last day we accept applications for the first quarter.
- If your application is accepted, we will contact you to schedule a virtual, online school orientation.
- The date is still to be determined; between September 2, 2020 and September 14, 2020.
Please be advised, submitting an application to New Start High School is not a guarantee of your acceptance. Acceptance of your application to New Start High School is determined by our review board. If your application qualifies, an invitation to enroll will be determined after your successful completion in new student orientation.
If your application does not qualify, or new student orientation is not successfully completed, your application will be referred back to your home school, or to the Highline School District Connection Center to learn more about the many pathways to graduation Highline Public Schools offers.
New Start High School is an exciting, small learning community preparing students for College, Career, and the future that you choose. New Start is a personalized environment that focuses on surrounding every student with caring adult staff, local service agencies, and community organizations.
New Start provides an alternative educational experience for students who have experienced challenges in the traditional system. Some of the key components of the program are:
- Six, 6- to 7-week sessions.
- Multiple entry points throughout the year.
- Independent learning contracts that allow students to earn additional credits.
- Positive behavior interventions and supports (PBIS).
- Personalized support through Advisory program.
- Graduation requirements follow the school district’s standards.
TO PROVIDE a meaningful learning experience for students while recovering or advancing in credits leading toward a high school graduation.
TO PREPARE students for College, Career, and Citizenship.
TO INSPIRE curiosity and a desire to continue learning throughout life for all of our students.
TO PERSONALIZE by wrapping around each student with many caring adults and support services to ensure academic and social achievement for every child.
TO ENGAGE the community in partnership to further support, give positive educational experiences to all students, and educate